2021 Youth Basketball SeasonRegistration will be held November 2-16, 2020.
Season will begin in January 2021.
- Forms will be turned in to MPRD outside the back door of MPRD office (A tent will be placed outside). Public will not be allowed inside building.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed under the tent for public’s use.
- MPRD staff will be required to wear mask and gloves when handling/assisting the public during registration.
- No registration fee will be taken upon registration.
- Players will be placed on a team no later than November 25 and jerseys will be ordered by December 2.
- Jerseys will be distributed and payment shall be received January 4-6.
- Games will begin January 11.
- There will be no tryouts/draft for this season due to Covid-19 guidelines. MPRD staff will be placing all players on teams.
- Returning players will stay on the same team if eligible
- NOTICE: No Refunds will be issued if season is interrupted or cancelled due to Covid.
All MPRD games and practices will be closely monitored to uphold CDC and Tennessee Pledge guidelines.
*Plan is contingent upon Hamblen County Schools gym availability
Youth basketball is an exciting sport combining team play and individual skills. We offer basketball leagues for Girls and Boys ages 7 through 16 that are a great way for your kids to fine-tune their skills, practice good sportsmanship, compete, and have fun. Practices begin in December and games conclude by February. Individual registration begins in September, tryouts in October and November, and practices begin in December. *League play begins in December, pauses play in Mid-December and resumes play the first week of January. The regular season concludes in late January or early February, and is followed by post season tournament play.
*Conclusion of league play can be altered by the number of teams competing in the league and/or inclement weather.