1896 - 1898 / First Fire Chief, A. H. Legg
The first equipment the City purchased was 3 hose carts and 1 hand-pulled hook and ladder wagon. The fire department consisted of 4 companies. Each company had 14 volunteer firefighters and a captain under the order of the Chief.
1899 / Chief J. S. Capps
1900 / Chief John Look
1901 - 1906 / Chief Joseph B. Hill
1906 / First Fire Station
Morristown's first fire station was constructed on the corner of First North Street and Henry Street. The first full-time fireman (name not in records) and his family lived upstairs above the station. The fire department began using horse drawn wagons at this time and had four drivers; Pat Graham, Charlie Bettis, Buchanan and Epps. In addition to the horse wagons, hand pulled equipment was also used.
1907 - 1914 / Chief W. E. Dailey
1916 / First Motorized Fire Engine
It was a 1916 American LaFrance pumper. The drivers were; Percy Burger, Tom Rogers, and John Manning. After the truck was taken out of service, it sat for many years as a play toy for children at Cherokee Park. Today, the truck is currently in the process of being restored by the First Firetruck Fund.
1925 / Chief James Burke
1925 / First Motorized Ladder Truck
The first motorized ladder truck was a 1925 American LaFrance purchased at the cost of $10,350.00 and the second full-time fireman, Lynn Michaels, was hired.
1931 / New City Hall
The old fire station was demolished and a new City Hall was constructed. The fire station was then transferred to the new City Hall at First North Street and Henry Street.
1937 / Third Full-Time Fireman, John L. Reynolds
1947 / Third Fire Truck
The City experienced a growth in population and purchased its third fire truck, a 1947 Dodge pumper.
1952 / Fire Station #2
The construction of station #2 was completed on the corner of S. Cumberland Street and W. Louise Avenue.
1962 / Fire Station #3
Station #3 was established using the old city garage on Trade Street for its quarters.
1963 / New Ladder Truck and Pumper
A 1963 American LaFrance (75') ladder truck and a 1963 Seagrave (1000 GPM) pumper were purchased.
1966 / Fire Station #3 Relocated
Station #3 was relocated to E. Highway 11 E.
1967 / Fire Station #4 Established
Station #4 was constructed on W. Highway 11 E. The MFD consisted of 35 firemen on a full-time basis under the direction of Chief John L. Reynolds. Equipment consisted of five pumpers, one ladder truck, one station wagon, and one utility vehicle.
1968 / First Known Retirement
Chief John L. Reynolds retired with 48 years of service. The department now consists of 37 full-time firemen.
1968 - 1976 / Chief Earl Kelly
1973 / New Pumper
The City purchased a 1973 Mack (1000 GPM) pumper.
1976 - 1984 / Chief Henry Black
1979 / New Pumper
The City bought a 1979 American LaFrance (1200 GPM) pumper.
1984 / New Pumper
The City bought a 1984 Sutphen (1250 GPM) pumper.
1984 - 1985 / Chief Alvin Pitts
1985 - 1997 / Chief Rick Reynolds
1989 / New Equipment
The City purchased a 1989 Grumman (95') Aerial Platform truck and a 1989 Pierce Dash (1250 GPM) pumper.
1995 / New Pumper
The City purchased a 1995 Pierce Saber (1250 GPM) pumper.
1996 / New Fire Stations #1 and #2
Station #1 was relocated to S. Jackson Street and station #2 was relocated to Buffalo Trail.
1997 - 2020 / Chief William Honeycutt
2000 / New Quint (Engine 2)
The City bought a 2000 Pierce (55') Saber (1250 GPM) Skyboom.
2001 / New Quint (Engine 1)
The City bought a 2001 Pierce (55') Saber (1250 GPM) Skyboom.
2003 / New Quint (Engine 5)
The City bought a 2003 Pierce (61') Saber (1250 GPM) Skyboom.
2004 / New Fire Station #5
Station #5 was opened on Highway 160 at the airport.
2005 / New Quint (Engine 6)
The City bought a 2005 Pierce (61') Saber (1250 GPM) Skyboom.
2006 / New Fire Station #6
Station #6 was opened on Davy Crockett Parkway.
2012 / New Medical/ Rescue Vehicle
The City bought a 2012 Wynns Ford F550 Crew Cab
2014 / New Engine 4
The City bought a 2014 Pierce Saber (1250 GPM) Pumper.
2015 / New Engine 3
The City bought a 2015 Pierce Saber (1250 GPM) Pumper.
2016 / New Platform 1
The City bought a 2016 Pierce 100ft Platform for an aerial view.
2018 / Relocated and opened new Fire Station 4
After outgrowing the previous station 4, the City bought land on Central Church Rd. and constructed a new updated facility.
2020 / Chief Clark Taylor